Black! Perhaps, the most aesthetic colour for creating a luxurious touch. Everything in black looks so beautiful and pleasing to the eyes. That’s why black shower enclosures are becoming a popular choice for modern bathrooms. If you want your bathroom to look unique and stand out from others, then black shower enclosures can be a suitable choice. In this blog, we are going to explore whether it can be the right option for your bathroom.
Advantages Of Black Shower Enclosures
A Black shower enclosure can act in your favor or against it. A number of factors play their role in this choice, bathroom layout, size, style, etc. These can add a futuristic and sophisticated look to your bathroom. These come in framed and frameless design options.
You can find black enclosures in a range of sizes to fit your bathroom space and layout, and many come with features such as your convenience
There are several benefits to choosing a black shower cubicle.
- Sleek and modern appearance: Black is a classic colour that never goes out of style and can add a sophisticated touch to your bathroom with its unique design. Most of the younger generation’s favorite colour is black and that is what they are always going for.
- Durability: Many materials used for shower enclosures, such as acrylic and fiberglass, are strong and resistant to wear and tear. They are made from such material so that you won’t need to replace your enclosure every year.
- Easy to clean: Black surfaces can be easier to clean than lighter-coloured surfaces, as they tend to show dirt and grime less visibly. Black colour looks clean even if it’s dirty and might be good for people who don’t regularly clean their bathroom.
- Versatility: Black shower enclosures can match a variety of bathroom styles and decor, from modern to traditional. It can go with almost every colour except some, you should think carefully about this.
- Value: A well-made shower enclosure can add value to your home and be a worthwhile investment. It can also increase the sell value of your house and be the reason for your profit.
It’s important to keep in mind that black shower enclosures may show water spots and soap scum more easily than lighter-coloured enclosures, so they may require more frequent cleaning to maintain their appearance.
Your Design Options with Black Shower Enclosure
Whether you choose a quadrant, offset quadrant, square, rectangular, or even walk-in shower, there are many ways to create a perfect bathroom that matches black aesthetics.
- The first option that you may have been to choose a totally black bathroom layout. It gives a stylish, elegant, and modern vibe to your space. You will have to pick everything in black, including toilets, sink, and taps to create such aesthetics. It will be a bold colour to choose from.
- Another design option that can go with a black shower enclosure is a combination of coffee and black colour. It creates a mix of contrast and matching feeling in the bathroom. You may match a worktop sink and taps or any other elements available in coffee colour for this layout.
- The most popular combination that can go well with a black shower enclosure is black and white. It is classic and creates a mix of brightness and a dark feel inside the bathroom. It is a perfect contrast that can easily match with toilet, bath, and other bathroom fixtures. If you don’t want to be experimental with aesthetics, then it can be a good option for you.
Is There a Downside of Black Shower Enclosure?
Your choice of shower enclosure highly depends on your requirements. However, it may be a good idea to know a few downsides of these too. The first is black is a kind of dark tone that may make water and soap mark more visible. That means you will need to have them cleaned more often. However, it also depends on the quality of your enclosure and the type of finishing it has.
In addition, you might be concerned about the possibility of colour fading in case you end up getting one in low quality. You should also know that such colours tend to absorb more heat that can be a problem if you live in a country with more intense summer and beneficial for the one with cold temperatures.
In addition to that, while the black colour is classic and versatile, it may not be suitable for every bathroom decor. If you have a specific colour scheme in mind for your bathroom, a black shower enclosure may prove to be an obstacle for you. That is why you should give some focus to these things before buying them.
The homeowner can consider black shower enclosures to add modern elegance and timeless character to a space. These shower enclosures can provide better aesthetics while also creating an atmosphere that enhances any décor creating a uniquely luxurious feel.